Sunday, August 19, 2012

Episode XIV

GHOSTS

So a strange thing happened last night to my wife while I was at work. According to her she saw an apparition of a child in our bedroom. She described it as being nearly three feet tall, but, as with many entities, was transparent with only minor details. The ghost was bending down to look at something on our floor and when it rose it turned at looked at my wife. She was unsure of what she was seeing at first, as she had only just been stirred from sleep by our cat. So, naturally, she was skeptical at what she was seeing. But as the seconds ticked by she came to realize that what she saw was real. She left the room and didn't return to it for the rest of the night.

At 3am the phone rings at my work and it's my wife. She tells me about what just happened. I want to believe that she did, but at when I cannot witness it for myself I'm skeptical. I tried to assure her that everything was going to be okay, but she felt differently. She was saying that she was terribly cold and couldn't get warm. Now if you've paid any attention to any paranormal investigation seen on TV investigators will experience cold spots. These cold spots are said to be an entity gathering energy from the surrounding space to manifest itself. I tired to assure her that everything was going to be okay, but she wouldn't believe it.

Needing further answers she wanted to call my mom. At 3 In The Morning! I quickly shot that down. Still, she insisted on talking to someone. So she turned to the only paranormal group she knew of: TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society). If you don't watch the SyFy channel, this group is out of New England who has gained a large following, and has "family" societies across the U.S.  Minutes later an email is sent to their main office and a copy is sent to a local chapter in Rockville.

This was her night. I don't know what to make of it, but I don't think she has anything to worry about. However, it does make me want to try my own investigation. All I need is a digital recorder and a video camera. Anyone interested in forming a paranormal team?

1 comment:

  1. Spooky! But far from unbelievable. In my own family I probably couldn't count the number of paranormal encounters they've encountered on both hands. But most every account is a one-time deal. Very likely it'll never happen again. Something entirely different may happen many years later, but unlikely the same thing twice. At least in my family's experience. If something like this happens a second time, I'll totally join your team.

    ReplyDelete